Fan TV on iOS, is a great way to discover, watch and bookmark (WatchList) movies and TV shows while on the go!
To get started:
1. Download the App from the Apple App Store on your iPad. You can find us by searching "Fan TV"
2. Once downloaded you can choose to make a Fan TV account or you can login using Facebook. We recommend taking this step as it will create an account for you across devices, across our service (Fan TV on web, as well as Fan TV).
3. Once your account has been created, you are ready to start browsing!
Get started on iPad on the Fan 'River', which is our term for the horizontal browsing of the home screen. By swiping right and left, you can discover curated lists updated daily by our editorial experts, look at friend's Watchlists, browse by category such as "Free Movies", "Trending Shows", "Online Originals" and more! Also, check out all your Facebook friend's activity on Fan, by scrolling across the bottom bar labeled 'Activity'.
Remember, you can go directly to Search at anytime by clicking the magnifying glass on the top left navigation bar. Our search will help you find content across movies, TV shows, as well as cast and crew.
4. Now that you have the hang of how to browse, let's get to watching!
When you want to watch something, just click the item or poster. Meaning, click the movie or TV show that you want to watch. You will see 'WatchNow', which is our name for our feature that provides you with all the services that this content is available. In WatchNow, you will also see a button to watch the trailer, if you would like to preview, before you watch. Once, you select a source like Netflix, Vudu, or iTunes in the WatchNow panel, Fan will pass you to that content directly in the service you selected.
If you have more questions about WatchNow, you can see the feature page in our support: WatchNow
Fan TV WatchList Feature:
One of our most popular features is the Fan TV WatchList. A WatchList is a place for bookmarking all the movies and shows that you want to watch, whether currently available to you or bookmarked so that you can be alerted when they will be. You can add content to your WatchList from any Fan TV product including iOS, Web, and TV. You can also choose to make your WatchList public to show off your great tastes and expertise by specifying in your settings.
5. Your Fan TV personal profile is a great place to keep track of all your lists, create new lists, as well as track past activities such as SeenIt and I'm a Fan. Your profile is also your way to share your lists and show your tastes. You can access your profile at anytime by tapping the 'person' icon in the left navigation bar in the iPad app.