Fan TV on Android, is a great way to discover, watch and bookmark (WatchList) movies and TV shows while on the go!
To get started:
1. Download the App from the Google Play Store on your Android device. You can find us by searching "Fan TV"
2. Once downloaded you can choose to make a Fan TV account or you can login using Facebook. We recommend taking this step as it will create an account for you across devices, across our service (Fan TV on web, as well as Fan TV).
3. Once your account has been created, you are ready to start browsing!
On Android, we start you at either Movies or TV Shows. Just tap one to either browse movies or TV Shows. Once you have chosen, you will see panels such as 'What's Hot', 'In Theaters', 'Featured', 'Smart Browse' (a quick way to browse by details such as genre, ratings, and release dates), and 'My movies', which is where you find the lists that you can create with Fan. Our lists include, 'WatchList', 'Seen It', and 'I'm a Fan', to help you keep track of what you want to see (WatchList), have seen (SeenIt), and your favorites (I'm A Fan). You can also choose to go directly to search at anytime by clicking the magnifying glass icon, if you already know what you are looking for.
4. Now that you have the hang of how to browse, let's get to watching!
When you want to watch something, just click the item or poster. Meaning, click the movie or TV show that you want to watch. You will see 'WatchNow', which is our name for our feature that provides you with all the services that this content is available. In WatchNow, you will also see a button to watch the trailer, if you would like to preview, before you watch. Once, you select a source like Netflix, Vudu, or iTunes in the WatchNow panel, Fan will pass you to that content directly in the service you selected.
If you have more questions about WatchNow, you can see the feature page in our support: WatchNow
Fan TV WatchList Feature:
One of our most popular features is the Fan TV WatchList. A WatchList is a place for bookmarking all the movies and shows that you want to watch, whether currently available to you or bookmarked so that you can be alerted when they will be. You can add content to your WatchList from any Fan TV product including Android, iOS, Web, and TV. You can also choose to make your WatchList public to show off your great tastes and expertise by specifying in your settings.
5. Your Fan TV personal profile is a great place to keep track of all your lists, create new lists, as well as track past activities such as SeenIt and I'm a Fan. Your profile is also your way to share your lists and show your tastes. You can access your profile at anytime by tapping the "My Lists" menu option in the left navigation bar in the Android app.